Pages

Monday, May 11, 2009

What was the Question? IT’S EASY TO DIE THAN TO LIVE?

It's been so long that I opened my page and write on something. I've been busy for several DAYS that I may not be able to elaborate more here. Now that I have a chance to write on something here in my BLOG and been connected again to the CYBER WORLD. I immediately opened my PC to check on my emails and messages from my friends and my family. I feel so disconnected from the world and seems that I've been cut off from any connection for several days. When I return, I feel so lost and feel being left behind.

This day, as I opened my television to watch a movie I was bored as I never stopped on scanning channels to find a good show. Well, it ended up choosing a DVD to watch. I watched the "THE BRAVE ONE”, A Jodie Foster Movie, the fact that I love Jodie as an actress so no doubt I will spend more time choosing what to watch. I usually watched all her movies. Anyway the story runs this way: Radio host Erica Bain (Jodie Foster) is working and living a wonderful life in New York City without a care in the world. One night she and her fiance, David (Naveen Andrews), are brutally attacked by three thugs in the park while being recorded by one of them. David is killed and Erica is beaten within an inch of her life. Erica is traumatized to a point where she cannot sleep and will not leave her apartment. To cope and work past this tragic event, Erica becomes someone else. She buys a gun and begins to roam the streets at night looking to take her revenge on the men who were responsible for killing her one true love. One late night, Erica is in the back of a convenience store about to purchase a soft drink when a man comes in and kills his wife, who is a clerk in the store. Erica is a witness and he comes after her, she protects herself and finds that it is very easy to shoot a gun. Days later, Erica is on the subway when she is about to be raped by two men, and again she protects herself. The City of New York is fascinated with the exploits of this vigilante killer, and NYPD Detective Mercer (Terrence Howard) is trying to catch this person, before he kills again. Later on Erica gets a lead of where she can find the three men in the park and goes there to seek vengeance. She manages to kill all but the last one, being then saved by Detective Mercer whom she had already befriended and let her kill the last thug using the Mercer's gun so no one would link her to the killings. That’s the story ended. Sometimes we think we have our own perfect lives but in a wink of an eye we seen our selves tormented with sufferings and trouble. In case of the character story that she put JUSTICE through her own hands.Well, what really I am trying to say that there are a lot of things that complicate our lives. I was touched by their conversations (between Foster and her neighbor). When Erica (Foster) was smoking outside the apartment, the African Lady (her neighbor) said to her: "That thing can kill you”, She replied: “ I don't care”. So the lady said: “Go ahead, Its really easy and there are a lot of ways to die but the hardest thing is finding ways to live”. I may not be able to say the exact conversation but I guess that would be closest to it... (He!He!He!). Seriously, I was touched with the statement and been guilty about it. I sometimes feel so hopeless, sometimes unhappy and don't appreciate life.

There were a lot of things that change in me. My perception in life, and the total outlook of my self, my family, my friends and the world are just some of it. I just can't really express what I feel right now, I feel so down and very clueless of the future that awaits me. I still fighting, figuring and struggling to live and find answers because of the people who still believe and loves me. I guess it is true, finding ways to live and to survive is a hard thing to do... I live a simple life but with what I've been into in the past and experienced before, I am proud that I overcome all of it and still here keep on that forward pace of my journey in this temporary life we have in the world we live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment